200g Desiree Potatoes
60g 00 Italian Flour – purchased from any good Italian grocer, try Belmondos
1 Whole Egg
30g Goats Cheese
Pinch of Salt
50g 00 Italian flour to work with on the bench
Homemade Nut Brown Butter
Fresh Zucchini Flowers
- Roast large Desiree potatoes (whole) on a tray of rock salt in an oven at 200 Degrees Celsius for 1 hr or until soft inside.
- Cut potatoes in half, then scoop out flesh and pass through a sieve (do whilst hot).
- Add flour, goats cheese, egg and salt. Mix on bench with some extra flour to make a nice smooth dough.
- Roll dough into logs about 30cm long and about 10mm in diameter, cut with a butter knife into small pieces about 2cm long.
- Cook dough in boiling salted water for 2 mins or until the logs rise to the surface.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a tray to cool.
- Simply toss in a pan of foaming Nut Brown Butter with Porcini Mushrooms, Sage Leaves, blanched Asparagus and top with fresh Zucchini Flowers – or make whatever sauce you fancy & enjoy!