400gm Ocean Trout Fillet (skin off bones removed)
150gm Rock Salt
3 Pieces Star Anise
3 Pieces Fennel Tops and Fronds
120gm Cooked Shelled Spanner Crab Meat
2 Red Radish (julienne)
1 Green Apple (julienne)
1 Bulb Baby Fennel (shaved)
1 Punnet of Celery Cress
50gm Salmon Roe
75ml White Wine Vinaigrette (3 parts olive oil to 1 part white wine vinegar, season with salt & pepper)
- Mix salt & sugar together with star anise and fennel tops, and pour over fish in a shallow tray. Cover with plastic and leave in fridge for 6 hours.
- Wash fish thoroughly under cold water and pat dry.
- Slice fish with a sharp knife into thin slices and arrange on 4 plates.
- Mix crab with radish, fennel & apple. Add vinaigrette and place on top of sliced trout.
- Place 1 heaped teaspoon of roe on top of crab salad and garnish with snipped celery cress.
- Drizzle any left over vinaigrette around each plate and serve immediately.